|GTA IV Vigilante|
|Requires||Crime and Punishment and a|
Police Cruiser, Police Patrol, NOOSE Cruiser or NOOSE Patriot
|Goal||Kill 20 criminals|
|Reward||The Trophy / Achievement "Clean The Main Streets"|
A step closer to 100% game progress!
When you completed Crime and Punishment, you will have the possibility to start Vigilante work. First you need to get a police car, and then you have to break in to the police computer. You can break in by pressing [PS3] or the left shoulderbutton[Xbox 360] or E[PC] when your vehicle isn't moving. Then you go to View Current Crimes and you select one out of the three crimes. Then a blip will come on your radar, and there will also be a time limit. You will have to drive to the crime scène in time, and as soon as you have arrived, the countdown will stop. Now, you will have to kill all the criminals, and once they're all dead, you will complete this mission. When you have done 20 succesful crimes, you will get the Trophy / Achievement "Clean the Main Streets" and the report 'You have become a Vigilante'. Now, you get 2% game progress further and you're a step closer to 100% completion! After these 20 crimes, you can solve other crimes but this isn't necessary for a Trophy / Achievement or 100% completion of the game. You won't get a reward for killing a (group of) criminals, but you can take the money and weapons the criminals drop when you've killed them.
- The computer in the police vehicle can only be broken in to when the vehicle does not move.
- In this GTA you can leave your vehicle when the countdown is stopped and you are at the crime scene. In previous GTAs, this wasn't a possibility. When you leave your vehicle before you are at the crime scene, you will have 30 seconds to go back into a police vehicle.
Hints and tips
- Full Health and Armor are very handy when starting a Vigilante job.
- When your car does not want to start any more, and the motor is broken, you can simply call any number with your cellphone, and your car will start again.
- You can call for back-up if you need it, by calling 911. This will not always work, but sometimes you're lucky and it will work.
- You'd better select Criminal on foot when selecting a crime. These are easily and quick to kill by just riding over them.
|Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Missions||Storyline · Diamonds · Heroin · Storyline choices · Mission tree · Missions · 100% Checklist|
|Submissions||Random characters · Most Wanted · Vigilante · Exotic Exports · Drug Delivery · Stevie's Car Theft · Races · Assassinations · QUB³D · Minigames|
|Features||Vehicles · Weapons · Characters · Gangs · Radio stations · Dates · Friendships · Safe houses · Businesses · Special outfits · Food · Prostitutes · Websites · Multiplayer · Video Editor|
|Collectables||Flying rats · Stunt Jumps · Achievements & Trophies|
|Other||Cheats · Easter eggs · System requirements · Maps · Locations · Controls · Outtakes · Trailers · Credits · Episodes From Liberty City (The Lost and Damned · The Ballad of Gay Tony)|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language